- Ericsson shows it’s Hungary for 5G 19 October 2017 | 4:30 pm
- ZTE launches a ‘total pre5G solution’ 19 October 2017 | 3:48 pm
- SK Telecom extends its AI management system to mobile network 19 October 2017 | 12:01 pm
- Nokia gets into bed with Amazon 19 October 2017 | 11:19 am
- Self-taught Google AI programme trounces previous human-taught one 19 October 2017 | 9:47 am
Africa Telecoms Outlook 2014
Digital services offer new business opportunities in Africa
The use of data services is growing strongly in Africa, along with data revenues, fueled by factors such as the continent’s improved international connectivity, the rollout of mobile broadband networks and the increasing availability of low-cost smartphones.
This expansion in data use is creating new business opportunities on the continent, not only in providing connectivity, but also in offering digital services including mobile financial services, e-commerce and digital content. Africa is already a world leader in mobile money, but now we are also seeing developments such as the rapid growth in online shopping in Nigeria, and a proliferation of digital ventures and services.
In this report, we at Informa Telecoms & Media have set out our views about some of the key developments in the data and digital services market in Africa, and the opportunities that are opening up as a result.
Please fill out the form below to gain access to the Africa Telecoms Outlook 2014 report.