- Europe ponders whether Apple Shazam buy is too much like iSpy 24 April 2018 | 5:03 pm
- Which reckons Vodafone sucks, Tutela doesn’t 24 April 2018 | 4:58 pm
- Facebook and YouTube reveal their offensiveness offensive and intolerance of intolerance 24 April 2018 | 3:55 pm
- New DNS Encryption Tools Accelerate Privacy Online 24 April 2018 | 3:14 pm
- Ericsson develops a cunning plan for generating IoT revenue 24 April 2018 | 11:31 am
Africa Telecoms Outlook 2014
Digital services offer new business opportunities in Africa
The use of data services is growing strongly in Africa, along with data revenues, fueled by factors such as the continent’s improved international connectivity, the rollout of mobile broadband networks and the increasing availability of low-cost smartphones.
This expansion in data use is creating new business opportunities on the continent, not only in providing connectivity, but also in offering digital services including mobile financial services, e-commerce and digital content. Africa is already a world leader in mobile money, but now we are also seeing developments such as the rapid growth in online shopping in Nigeria, and a proliferation of digital ventures and services.
In this report, we at Informa Telecoms & Media have set out our views about some of the key developments in the data and digital services market in Africa, and the opportunities that are opening up as a result.
Please fill out the form below to gain access to the Africa Telecoms Outlook 2014 report.