- Huawei is still the leader on 5G commercial contracts 20 February 2020 | 11:18 am
- Europe unveils its digital grand plan 19 February 2020 | 6:57 pm
- Indian government strives to save its dwindling telco industry 19 February 2020 | 6:54 pm
- Nokia acquires Elenion to boost optical offering 19 February 2020 | 2:38 pm
- DT CEO ups US ambitions to double down on momentum 19 February 2020 | 1:01 pm
Africa Telecoms Outlook 2014
Digital services offer new business opportunities in Africa
The use of data services is growing strongly in Africa, along with data revenues, fueled by factors such as the continent’s improved international connectivity, the rollout of mobile broadband networks and the increasing availability of low-cost smartphones.
This expansion in data use is creating new business opportunities on the continent, not only in providing connectivity, but also in offering digital services including mobile financial services, e-commerce and digital content. Africa is already a world leader in mobile money, but now we are also seeing developments such as the rapid growth in online shopping in Nigeria, and a proliferation of digital ventures and services.
In this report, we at Informa Telecoms & Media have set out our views about some of the key developments in the data and digital services market in Africa, and the opportunities that are opening up as a result.
Please fill out the form below to gain access to the Africa Telecoms Outlook 2014 report.