- Amazon makes its IoT managed service generally available 10 July 2020 | 10:46 am
- UK and Aussie privacy watchdogs to investigate Clearview AI 10 July 2020 | 9:59 am
- Nokia raises its data centre networking game with a new switching platform 10 July 2020 | 9:42 am
- Analyst estimates are all over the place, but consensus is PC sales are up 10 July 2020 | 9:24 am
- TIM reportedly shuns Huawei as Italy has a rethink 9 July 2020 | 4:21 pm
Africa Telecoms Outlook 2014
Digital services offer new business opportunities in Africa
The use of data services is growing strongly in Africa, along with data revenues, fueled by factors such as the continent’s improved international connectivity, the rollout of mobile broadband networks and the increasing availability of low-cost smartphones.
This expansion in data use is creating new business opportunities on the continent, not only in providing connectivity, but also in offering digital services including mobile financial services, e-commerce and digital content. Africa is already a world leader in mobile money, but now we are also seeing developments such as the rapid growth in online shopping in Nigeria, and a proliferation of digital ventures and services.
In this report, we at Informa Telecoms & Media have set out our views about some of the key developments in the data and digital services market in Africa, and the opportunities that are opening up as a result.
Please fill out the form below to gain access to the Africa Telecoms Outlook 2014 report.